AMI’s HEALTH & HAPPINESS CONFERENCE
PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR HEALTHY LIVING
Presented by Mind/Body Medicine Pioneers and Physicians
SATURDAY, APRIL 29, 2017 • 9:45am – 4:00pm
Hindu Cultural Center
450 Albany-Shaker Road, Albany NY
Saturday, April 29, 2017 * 9:45am – 4:00pm
$45 (Includes full day of programs and a gourmet vegetarian lunch.)
Refresh! • Rejuvenate! • Renew!
When you change your perspective, you change your experience. Attend this First Annual Self-Care Conference, and you’ll go home with a set of practical tools to enhance your health, creativity, well-being, happiness and success. Regardless of how challenging your circumstances might feel today, The American Meditation Institute’s Self-Care Program can help!
AGENDA – Select your own schedule
- 9:45am – 10:00am Welcoming Remarks
- 10:00am – 10:45am MEDITATION 101, Leonard Perlmutter
- 10:45am – 11:15am BREATH AS MEDICINE, Beth Netter MD
- 11:15am – 11:45pm EASY-GENTLE YOGA, Mary Helen Holloway
- 11:45am – 12:45pm LUNCH (Gourmet Vegetarian)
- 12:45pm – 1:15pm FOOD AS MEDICINE, Susan Lord MD
- 9:45am – 10:00am Welcoming Remarks
- 10:00am – 10:45am DNA IS NOT DESTINY, Mark Pettus MD
- 10:45am – 11:15am FUNCTIONS OF THE MIND, Leonard Perlmutter
- 11:30am – 12:15pm MEDITATION & THE BRAIN, Sara Lazar
- 12:15pm – 1:55pm LUNCH (Gourmet Vegetarian)
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm EASY-GENTLE YOGA
- 2:15pm – 2:45pm EASY-GENTLE YOGA
- 3:15pm – 3:45pm EASY-GENTLE YOGA
- 1:20pm – 2:15pm MEDITATION BENEFITS, Leonard Perlmutter
- 2:20pm – 3:15pm THE HEALING POWER OF LOVE AND BELIEFS,
- Bernie Siegel MD
- 3:25pm – 4:00pm PANEL DISCUSSION,
- Leonard Perlmutter, Bernie Siegel MD,
- Tony Santilli, Beth Netter MD, Mark Pettus MD,
- Susan Lord MD, Prashant Kaushik MD
Founder and director of The American Meditation Institute, Leonard is the author of "Transformation," The Journal of Meditation as Mind/Body Medicine and the award-winning book "The Heart and Science of Yoga® : A Blueprint...
Bernie Siegel, MD
Mind/body medicine pioneer Dr. Bernie Siegel did his surgery training at Yale New Haven Hospital. During his practice as a surgeon Bernie learned how powerful the mind can be in...
Beth Netter, MD, MT
Beth is an holistic physician and acupuncturist in Albany, NY. She graduated from the University at Buffalo’s School of Biomedical Sciences, and completed her residency in anesthesiology at the Brigham...
Mark Pettus, MD
Mark is a board-certified internist and nephrologist currently serving as Director of Medical Education and Population Health at Berkshire Health Systems, and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at UMass Medical...
Susan B. Lord, MD
Susan graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and is in private practice in Great Barrington, MA focusing on prevention and treatment through mindful living and lifestyle changes....
Anthony Santilli, MD
Tony received his medical degree from the University at Buffalo, having completed his fellowship at Weill Cornell University and his post graduate training at Brown University. He is board-certified in Pulmonary...
Prashant Kaushik, MD
Prashant received Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery degrees from the All India Institute of Medical Services (AIIMS), New Delhi. He is a board-certified Rheumatologist in Albany NY, serves as interim Rheumatology...
Sara Lazar, PhD
Sara is an instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, and an Associate Researcher in the Psychiatry Department at Massachusetts General Hospital. As a leading neuroscientist in...
Mary Holloway, AMI-MT
A student at AMI since 2006, Mary Helen is a graduate of both The American Meditation Institute teacher training program and Meditational Therapist Certification Program. Drawing upon an intuitive understanding...
Jenness Cortez Perlmutter
Jenness has studied Yoga Science and practiced meditation since 1977. She is the co-founder and faculty member of The American Meditation Institute and a direct disciple of Swami Rama of...