he American Meditation Institute is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization devoted to providing comprehensive training in AMI MEDITATION and Yoga Science as mind/body medicine. In its holistic approach to wellness, AMI combines the best of ancient Eastern wisdom and the practicality of modern Western science.
Under the guidance of its founders, Leonard (Ram Lev) and Jenness Perlmutter, The American Meditation Institute provides practical, step-by-step instruction on how to control, conserve and transform our greatest natural resource—the power of thoughts, desires and emotions. These mind/body skills empower individuals to make conscious, discriminating and reliable choices—choices that enhance their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
By practicing the scientific techniques taught at AMI, students learn how to construct a practical bridge between their own inner, intuitive wisdom and their actions in the world. This bridge between the inner and outer worlds coordinates all human assets to enable us to experience healthy, creative, loving, nurturing and rewarding relationships. The curriculum presented at The American Meditation Institute is an educational body of knowledge that neither interferes nor conflicts with any religious or cultural belief. On the contrary, the teachings at AMI help students of all backgrounds increase their understanding of, and appreciation for every religion and culture, including their own.
The American Meditation Institute believes that everyone has the innate capacity for Self-realization and for enhancing their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being through the mind/body practices of meditation and Yoga Science.
The mission of the American Meditation Institute is to support the general public and healthcare professionals in the following ways:
- To empower students by awakening them to their individual potentials, freedom of choice, and a vision of their own true holistic nature;
- To help students build confidence in their discriminative capacity through daily exercise of conscious attention to the thought process and contemplation of their personal experiences;
- To help students embrace those values that have the power to protect, uphold and transform the individual and society;
- To help students understand and implement these values through regular, systematic practice of AMI MEDITATION and Yoga Science in their daily lives;
- To help students understand and appreciate that these same values are also found within their own spiritual traditions;
- To build recognition of, and respect for, this teaching in the minds of the general public;
- To encourage AMI administrators and teachers to grow and mature personally in order to serve as an example of this vision.