Physicians’ CME Conference Raleigh NC
in Today’s Challenging Medical Culture and at Home
» Discover 36 proven mind/body tools to help you find more inner peace, happiness and fulfillment
» Immerse yourself for 5 days in the beauty of autumn in the Berkshire Mountains in Massachusetts
» Reinvigorate yourself — increase your energy, focus and creativity
20 – 24
Rediscover your Love of Medicine and Life!
12th Annual The Heart and Science of Yoga® Conference
for Physicians • PAs • NPs • RNs
Comprehensive Training in Yoga Science as Holistic Mind/Body Medicine
Location: Wyndhurst Manor & Club (formerly Cranwell Spa and Golf Resort), Lenox, MA
A Personal Message from Leonard Perlmutter
Founder of The American Meditation Institute and presenter of the core curriculum on Yoga Science
“Regardless of how challenging your circumstances might feel today, the 12th annual Heart and Science of Yoga® CME Conference will provide you a set of 36 practical tools that can enhance your creativity, well-being, happiness and success. When you have the right tool, every job is easy.”
Herbert Benson, MD of the Harvard Medical School claims that maintaining good health is analogous to building a three-legged stool.
The first leg is Self-Care.
The second leg is Surgery & Medical Procedures.
The third leg is Pharmaceuticals.
Health and well-being is balanced and optimal only when all three legs of the stool are in place. — Herbert Benson, MD
An Essential Conference for Physician Wellness
This leading-edge 5-day Heart and Science of Yoga Conference presents practical and effective tools to help you as a physician or other healthcare provider to:
- Relieve and prevent stress and burnout
- Promote optimal health and resilience
- Bring back the joy in medicine
- Increase compassion and effectiveness in patient care
- Increase personal and professional fulfillment
A problem cannot be solved
on the level at which it appears.
It must be solved on a higher level.
— ALBERT EINSTEIN
Yoga Science is the Higher Level!
Physician Burnout Across the USA has Reached Crisis Proportions . . .
In a study conducted by the American Medical Association and the Mayo Clinic, researchers found that when compared to the general U.S. population, physicians:
- Displayed higher rates of emotional exhaustion
- Reported lower satisfaction with work-life balance
As a healthcare provider you’re called upon to provide the highest quality care. In order to achieve this, your own optimal health, wellness, and work satisfaction are critical.
Yet tedious administrative tasks and increasing expectations concerning productivity and documentation can create enormous stress.
As a result, physicians and health care providers like you are increasingly experiencing anxiety, fatigue, burnout, and depression.
Even if you’re not experiencing symptoms of stress right now, you know it’s in your best interest and in the interest of your patients that you stay healthy and find meaning in your work and in your personal life.
Who Should Attend This Conference
- Advanced Practitioners (NPs and PAs)
- Integrative Medicine Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Hospice Workers
7 Reasons to Attend
- You’re feeling stressed, drained, or exhausted
- Your passion for work is waning as each day passes
- You’re frustrated with increasing work expectations placed upon you
- You’re struggling with a mental or physical health condition
- You want to learn proven holistic strategies for patient care
- You want tools to prevent stress and burnout
- You want greater emotional and spiritual fulfillment
If you resonate with any of the above, you’re not alone… and this unique conference for medical professionals can help!
Scientifically Proven Wellness Strategies to
Increase Your Happiness, Make You A Better
Healthcare Provider and Help Your Patients Heal
Come learn holistic wellness strategies that are grounded in scientifically proven results that can make you a happier person and a better healthcare provider. You’ll have more inner peace and greater harmony in your work and home life.
You’ll discover key lifestyle strategies that help your patients heal from chronic diseases, thereby significantly reducing health care costs.
We’ll show you easy-to-learn practices that work synergistically within the stress system to reduce inflammation and allostatic load while working toward establishing homeostasis.
Key Benefits of Attending the Conference
- Acquire more inner peace; reduce, manage and transform stress
- Strengthen physical and psychological health
- Restore your joy in medicine; become better equipped to deal with today’s medical culture
- Provide more compassionate and insightful care to patients
- Achieve greater personal and professional fulfillment
- Foster and sustain healthy relationships at work and at home
- Advance your spiritual development
- Increase energy, focus and creativity
- Feel happier, more secure and a greater sense of purpose
- Be part of a collegial and collaborative network with other physicians
- Improve patient care by improving your own self care; learn new mind/body strategies for patient health
- Gain a new, clearer and kinder perspective on yourself and every responsibility you face
- Return home with 36 proven tools that can empower you to make discriminating and reliable choices
Key Features of the Conference
A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT
RENOWNED FACULTY AND SPEAKERS
ENGAGING CLINICALLY PROVEN CURRICULUM
AMI’s CME conference is the only CME conference in the nation that offers the entire breadth of Yoga Science, along with research studies that validate the benefits of the teaching.
Leonard Perlmutter (Ram Lev) Presents the Science of Yoga:
AMI founder Leonard Perlmutter is an acclaimed author, philosopher and spiritual teacher. He has studied Yoga Science since 1975, and is a direct disciple of mind/body medicine pioneer Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
Leonard has reinterpreted the science, philosophy and psychology of a 5000-year-old Indian meditation tradition, making it relevant and highly practical for modern life.
His book, The Heart and Science of Yoga® (free to all conference attendees), is the recipient of 6 major awards including the Benjamin Franklin, ForeWord Magazine, Independent Publisher Book Awards, Eric Hoffer Awards and Nautilus Book Awards.
Key Aspects of the AMI Meditation Curriculum
- An educational body of knowledge for health & healing
- History, philosophy and benefits of yoga and meditation
- How to use the mind to make healthier choices
- How to access the “super-conscious” mind
- Understanding pain as an agent for healing
- The transformative power of sacrifice
- Increasing energy, will power and creativity
- The power of desire and attention
- Creative actions rather than reactionary responses
- Antidotes for worry, stress and depression
- Systematic procedure for AMI MEDITATION
- How to diminish distractions
- Training one-pointed attention for creativity
- The one-minute meditation
- Using AMI MEDITATION skills throughout the day
- Mantra Science:
– What are the world’s greatest mantras?
– How to use thoughts and mantra in the healing process
– How the vibration of the mantra promotes health
- Neuroplasticity as an effect of meditation
- Two sets of Easy-Gentle Yoga stretches for exercise and pain relief
- Understanding the physiology/anatomy of Easy-Gentle Yoga
- The meaning of prana (life force)
- How breathing irregularities foster dis-ease
- Diaphragmatic breathing for pulmonary health
- Complete (three-part) yogic breath
- Yoga postures for healthy breathing
- Alternate nostril breathing for energy & psychological balance
- Understanding the anatomy of your real being
- How to help the mind function for optimal health
- Managing thoughts, desires and emotions
- How to experience freedom from fear
- Optimizing the power of the present moment
- Channeling the four primitive urges: Food, Sex, Sleep and Self-Preservation
- Yoga Nidra (conscious sleep): Advanced mind/body healing
- Psychology of the Chakra System as a diagnostic tool
- Alleviating burnout, trauma/PTSD and building resilience
- Tools for building and healing relationships
Mind/Body Care Plan
- How to create your own Pre-battle Intelligence Briefing
- Contemplation, Repentance and Prayer
- How to reduce burnout and achieve work/life balance in today’s culture
- Understanding Ayurveda as a science and as a diagnostic tool
- Applying Epigenetics and lifestyle choices for health & wellness
- How to keep your AMI MEDITATION practice going and working for you
- How to introduce these practices to your patients
- Food as Medicine (diet, nutrition, Functional Medicine)
- How Yoga Science can help pain management and addiction recovery
In addition to the core AMI curriculum on Yoga Science presented by Leonard Perlmutter, there will be 13 experts in the field of mind/body medicine presenting. The topics and presenters are below.
- Yoga Science: Antidote for Burnout, Reimagining Medicine and Meditation-in-Action, Renee Rodriguez-Goodemote MD
- Relieving Burnout, Reimagining Medicine and Meditation-in-Action, Anthony Santilli MD
- Yoga’s Mind/Body Connection & Research, Sat Bir Singh Khalsa PhD
- Healing a Life vs Curing a Disease, Bernie Siegel MD
- How Not To Die, Michael Greger MD
- Reimagining Medicine, Jesse Ritvo MD
- Reimagining Medicine, Joshua Zamer MD
- Psychology of the Chakra System, Jenness Cortez Perlmutter
- Culture Trumps Everything and Meditation-in-Action, Gustavo Grodnitzky PhD
- Positional Therapy for Chronic Pain Relief, Lee Albert NMT
- Reimagining Medicine and Meditation-in-Action, Kristin Kaelber MD, PhD
- Meditation-in-Action, Anita Burock-Stotts MD
- Reimagining Medicine and Epigenetics, Janine Pardo MD
Our evidence-based curriculum is presented within an exciting and engaging format led by accomplished faculty. It is designed to encourage active participant interaction through:
- Provocative and engaging presentations
- Informative panel discussions
- Ongoing Q & A
- Real-world practicums
Included with the Conference
- All lectures and practicums
- All gourmet, plant-based vegetarian meals
- The Heart and Science of Yoga® book
- 5 1/2 hour online Comprehensive Meditation and Easy-Gentle Yoga video course
- The Physiology of Yoga with Clinical Studies pamphlet
- Easy-Gentle Yoga Exercise Program pamphlet
- Guided AMI Meditation mp3
U.S. Physician Accreditation
The American Meditation Institute’s Heart and Science of Yoga® Conference has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Albany Medical College and The American Meditation Institute. Albany Medical College is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Albany Medical College designates this Live activity for 32 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
As many conference participants claim, attending this Conference could be one of the most beneficial conferences you’ve ever attended.
Can’t Attend This Year? Join our Mailing List
DISCLOSURE POLICY: The American Meditation Institute (AMI) adheres to all ACCME Essential Areas, Standards and Policies. It is AMI’s policy that those in a position to influence the content of a CME activity (such as planners, faculty, authors and reviewers) disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial entities. These disclosures will be provided in the activity materials. Additionally, faculty members have been instructed to disclose any limitations of data presented.