- Based on the encounter between Yama, the King of Death, and Nachiketa, the seeker of death's meaning, this book examines the mystery and challenge of death. The story is taken from the Kathopanishad, one of the most important and ancient of all the scriptures. A philosophical understanding of the meaning and purpose of life and death is presented, along with a practical psychology for coping with life and for overcoming the fear of death.
- This book serves as an excellent guide for the serious meditator. Included are in-depth discussions of the problems and practices of meditation, proper preparations, and concrete methods for deepening meditation.
- In this CD, Leonard Perlmutter (Ram Lev) guides the individual to merging practical yoga science with western spiritual traditions to increase energy, willpower, and creativity by re-engineering the software of the mind.
- Easwaran takes one of India's classic wisdom texts, the Katha Upanishad, and explains how it embraces all the key ideas of Indian spirituality within the context of a powerful mythic quest - the story of a young hero who ventures into the land of death in search of immortality. Illustrating the insights of the Katha through analogies and everyday examples, Easwaran shows how these ancient teachings help us gain a deeper understanding of our world and ourselves today.
- This warmly encouraging collection of daily readings offers immediate inspiration for readers seeking a more spiritually grounded lifestyle. Each reading is based on a quotation from one of the world’s great philosophers, poets, saints, and sages. Augustine and Einstein, Emily Dickinson and Jalaladdin Rumi, Biblical verses, Buddhist sutras, Hasidic proverbs, and Hindu Upanishads can all be found here. Each quote is accompanied by a commentary from Easwaran, explaining how the wisdom of the ages can help us here and now. Some days offer gentle reminders to slow down and be mindful. Other days give advice for changing an unwanted habit, mending a relationship, staying strong in hard times, or striving toward the peaks of spirituality described in all religions. This is a book to read in the morning to start the day right, or at night to prepare for peaceful rest. Each day, each year, brings fresh insights and inspiration.
- The Heart and Science of Yoga™ is both the record of a personal journey and a transformational teaching. You'll find easy-to-learn meditations, prayers, teaching stories from the world's great spiritual traditions, breathing practices, a user's guide for the mind, techniques for accessing intuitive wisdom, an introduction to ancient Ayurvedic health principles and a holistic program of easy, gentle exercise. Whether you are a beginner or a long-time student, Leonard provides loving support and valuable insights to advance your understanding, deepen your practice and nurture your Self-transformation. The Heart and Science of Yoga™ is the perfect companion and guide on the greatest adventure you will ever have -- your personal journey to peace, happiness and freedom from fear.
- With the purchase of AMI’s new online meditation course you will receive a FREE eBook of Leonard’s award-winning The Heart and Science of Yoga®. Once you purchase the course, you will:
- be emailed information regarding how to access the eBook
- Out of stock"Stress is not a necessary part of life", says Dr. Phil Nuernberger. Stress arises when we let fear and self-doubt control our thoughts and actions. He then shows us how to take charge of the powers of our mind, addresses the roots of our fears, and offers real, workable solutions to the epidemic of stress in the world today.
- To understand death, a person must try to understand the purpose of life and the relationship between life and death. The two are partners, each providing a context for the other. Death is not a period, but merely a pause on a long journey. When life and death are accepted as having real meaning and purpose, and death is understood and accepted as part of the human journey, then the fear of death disappears and life can be lived fully. This book is about the relationship between life and death, and the 'how and why' of organizing one's life in a way that leads to expansion and growth, and that is helpful in preparing for the transition we call death.
- Out of stockA newly revised an expanded version of a popular an unique work, this extraordinarily valuable introduction discussion of the philosophy of hath yoga is indispensable to any student of yoga. This clear and easy to follow exposition views hatha within the framework of raja yoga, the yoga of eight complements, as promulgated by Pantanjali, the author of Yoga Sutras, the most authoritative text on the science of yoga. Hatha should not be merely a system of physical exercise: this work emphasizes the paramount role that the mind plays in hatha yoga, and demonstrates how to elevate the practices of hatha to an inner spiritual experience. This study outlines how the practice of hatha yoga can serve as a means to understand the subtler essences of mind and prana and to prepare for meditation and the awakening of the kundalini force.
- be emailed information regarding how to access the eBook
- In this CD, meditation teacher and philosopher Leonard Perlmutter (Ram Lev) guides you on how to experience consciousness yourself. By using this CD you can learn how to deal with distractions, reduce stress, enhance your body’s immune system and become more focused, creative and content.
- This book shows how to maintain a joyful view of life and how to transform habit patterns.
- The Bhagavad Gita is the fountainhead of Eastern psychology, and this new, authoritative translation and commentary is designed to draw out the psychological concepts of this immortal text and make them accesible to all students. The author focuses on the relevance of these principles to today's world and explains their practical application in daily life. The author shows how each of the eighteen chapters of the Bhagavad Gita constitutes a separate lesson in truth and life. Each chapter describes a different aspect of the process of Self-realization, and the practices themselves progress toward the goal of life.
- The American Meditation Institute's Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life The Heart and Science of Yoga® (2nd Edition - Revised and Expanded) is both the record of a personal journey and a transformational teaching. You'll find easy-to-learn meditations, prayers, teaching stories from the world's great spiritual traditions, breathing practices, a user's guide for the mind, techniques for accessing intuitive wisdom, an introduction to ancient Ayurvedic health principles and a holistic program of easy, gentle exercise. Whether you are a beginner or a long-time student, Leonard provides loving support and valuable insights to advance your understanding, deepen your practice and nurture your Self-transformation. The Heart and Science of Yoga® is the perfect companion and guide on the greatest adventure you will ever have -- your personal journey to a happy, healthy and joyful life.
AMI Membership Levels
Individual: $95 Family: $125 Sponsor: $126 – $499 Patron: $500 – $999 Benefactor: $1,000 or more
AMI Membership Benefits
- 10% DISCOUNT* on all classes and book store purchases (*may not be combined with any other discount & does not apply to retreats or conferences)
- Use of the AMI library of books and video tape lectures
- FREE Subscription to Transformation
- FREE Mother Earth Cortez poster by JENNESS CORTEZ Measuring 24 3/4 by 18 inches on heavy art paper
- FREE lifetime support
- FREE spiritual support
Please give generously to help this year's annual appeal reach our goal of $85,000.
Levels of Giving —
- Grand Patron: $3,000 or more
- Patron: $1,000 - $2,999
- Guarantor: $500 - $999
- Benefactor: $250 - $499
- Sponsor: $100 - $249
- Contributor: $50 - $99
- Friend: $25 - $49
- Student: $5 - $24