- For the first time a book is available which clearly explains the principles and practical applications of Ayurveda, the oldest healing system in the world. This beautifully illustrated text thoroughly explains history & philosophy, basic principles, diagnostic techniques, treatment, diet, medicinal usage of kitchen herbs & spices, first aid, food aid, food antidotes and much more.
- Ayurveda, Nature's Medicine contains a full description of Ayurveda on all levels from diet and herbs to yoga and meditation,explaining both Ayurvedic diagnostic and treatment methods.
- Ayurveda Secrets of Healing is the most complete offering of the original cleansing and rejuvenative therapies of Pancha Karma, first taught and practiced by the ancient Vedic seers. In this definitive work, Maya Tiwari is the first author to reveal this sophisticated and timeless healing process in a way which is both comprehensive and readily adaptable to modern western culture. This book .." will be of immense value to health professionals as well as those who are interested in healing themselves," says Dr. Deepak Chopra, M.D.
- Ayurveda and the Mind is perhaps the first book published in the West that explores specifically the psychological aspect of this great system. The book explores how to heal our minds on all levels from the subconscious to the superconscious, along with the role of diet, impressions, mantra, meditation, yoga and many other methods to create wholeness. Dr. Frawley has once again demonstrated his unique talent of digesting ancient Vedic knowledge and feeding us this understanding which nourishes our body, mind and soul.
- One of the world’s most acclaimed spiritual classics. As the life story of Paramahansa Yogananda- who is often referred to as the Father of Yoga in the West- the book has touched the hearts and minds of millions around the globe. Translated into many languages, it has served as an ambassador for India’s ancient science of yoga, introducing countless readers to the methods for attaining God-realization that are India’s unique and lasting contribution to the world civilization.
- Recorded in an ancient shiva temple on the banks of the Ganges in Northern India, Swami Rama chants AUM as the temple bells sympathetically resonate and the entire temple vibrates and reverberates with this cosmic sound, radiating peace and harmony throughout the universe
- At the Feet of a Himalayan Master unfolds the secrets of personal sadhana and direct contact with a great guru that are rare to find in any published literature, and with contemporary and western disciples facing the modern world and all of its limitations. The book helps us understand the many facets and real nature of genuine spiritual practice in the Himalayan tradition and how it can transform the mind and heart.
- This book shows how to maintain a joyful view of life and how to transform habit patterns.
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga—revised and updated with full color illustrations and photos—is the most comprehensive and authoritative work available correlating the study of hatha yoga with anatomy and physiology. It is a must-have for anyone who is serious about studying or teaching yoga, and an invaluable resource for anyone in a field relating to physical conditioning. The author holds a PhD in Anatomy and was a sought-after professor, teacher and yoga practitioner for over thirty years.
- Dr. Theodore Baroody shows how excess acids in the small intestines can negatively affect that vital organ. It will give readers a clear understanding of how alkalizing our body tissues can boost overall health and the health of specific areas of our body. Eating alkaline forming foods is a solution to the problem of excess tissue acids, but drinking alkaline water produced by any of our quality Alkaline water ionizers is a more simple and effective way flushing out acid waste from our body.
- Swami Hariharananda
- Out of stockSwami Rama covers the entire philosophy of life in these lectures. It teaches the individual how to understand one word and that is called freedom—freedom from all bondages, from all ignorance. That state which is free from stress, strain, bondage and ignorance is called the state of enlightenment and that can be considered to be the state of perfection.
AMI Membership Levels
Individual: $95 Family: $125 Sponsor: $126 – $499 Patron: $500 – $999 Benefactor: $1,000 or more
AMI Membership Benefits
- 10% DISCOUNT* on all classes and book store purchases (*may not be combined with any other discount & does not apply to retreats or conferences)
- Use of the AMI library of books and video tape lectures
- FREE Subscription to Transformation
- FREE Mother Earth Cortez poster by JENNESS CORTEZ Measuring 24 3/4 by 18 inches on heavy art paper
- FREE lifetime support
- FREE spiritual support
- Out of stockA daily guide for navigating life’s challenges, 365 Prescriptions for the Soul offers bite-sized insights with Dr. Siegel’s unique blend of heart-touching humor and wisdom. Each entry introduces a topic accompanied by an inspirational quote and a “Solution of the Day.” Designed to fit into a busy schedule, the meditations are also easy to understand. They can help create a sense of well-being by pointing the way to more peaceful, loving, and conscious living. As Siegel summarizes: “What heals the soul, heals the mind and body as well.”
- Out of stockIn each piece, Eknath Easwaran selects one of India's traditional thousand names of God and shows its universal significance: that these are not only names of God, but also aspects of the spark of divinity within us.