ALL CLASSES ARE NOW ONLINE
›› ALL CME CLASSES ARE NOW ONLINE ‹‹
6 Week Course
18 CMEs for Physicians, PAs & NPs
Taught continuously since 1996 • For Mind, Body and Spirit
What is the AMI MEDITATION® course?
For thousands of years, countless women and men have developed methods to optimize their minds and bodies––with the goal of achieving happiness and fulfillment in this lifetime. The AMI Meditation®course is the only such program offered today. It presents practical modern day interpretations of the time-tested wisdom contained in the world’s oldest spiritual and meditation tradition.
The term “Yoga Science” describes AMI Meditation® Foundation Course. This curriculum was developed and is taught at AMI by educator, philosopher and scientist Leonard Perlmutter (Ram Lev). It is a holistic program that incorporates mind/body medicine, AMI Meditation®, meditation-in-action, easy-gentle yoga, breathing exercises, philosophy, and psychology. Each weekly lecture combines the best of ancient Eastern wisdom with the practicality of modern Western medical science.
Change Your Mind, Change Your Life
Yoga Science begins with an understanding of the Four Functions of the Mind, as described in the book YOUR CONSCIENCE by Leonard Perlmutter (Ram Lev). When you understand how your mind works, you can begin to learn new habits that will lead to better health and more joy. You have unlimited wisdom and creativity at your core – you just need to learn a few tools to quiet the voices of the Ego, the Senses, and the Unconscious Mind in order to access this wisdom through your Conscience. Leonard shares his vast insights in the AMI Meditation Foundation Course®, and then supports you as you employ them in your daily life.
Why take the AMI MEDITATION COURSE®?
In your present situation, you are expected to successfully balance all your personal, professional and family responsibilities. In the process of doing so, you face many expectations and challenges. The AMI Meditation® Foundation Course will teach you how to transform the debilitating energy associated with the stresses and pressures we all are bound to encounter in life.
Since 2009, the AMI Meditation® course has been accredited by the American Medical Association for continuing medical education credits, a status awarded only to those educational programs that meet the highest standards of professional review.
The skills taught in the AMI Meditation® Foundation Course are essential survival skills. You will learn a comprehensive set of daily self-care practices that can help you immediately reduce stress AND maintain and enhance your short-and long-term physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health and well being. By employing the tools you receive, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and manage the challenges that often lead to stress, burnout or interpersonal difficulties
- Enhance your problem-solving abilities
- Achieve a healthier and more rewarding balance in your life by learning how to actualize your own intuitive Super Conscious Wisdom
- Strengthen physical health, including boosting your immune system and reducing pain
- Honor emotional and spiritual needs
- Nurture loving relationships
- Deepen your spiritual journey
- Find inner peace, happiness and security
AMI MEDITATION® in a Chair
As part of our Self-care program, AMI MEDITATION is taught in a straight back chair. The practice is designed for your body to remain completely relaxed, stable and comfortable.
SELF-CARE IS ESSENTIAL TO YOUR WELLNESS
Herbert Benson, MD of the Harvard Medical School claims that maintaining good health is analogous to building a three-legged stool.
The first leg is Self-Care.
The second leg is Surgery & Medical Procedures.
The third leg is Pharmaceuticals.
“Health and well-being is balanced and optimal only when all three legs of the stool are in place.”
HERBERT BENSON, MD
Harvard Medical School
“A problem cannot be solved on the level at which it appears. It must be solved on a higher level.”
What will you learn in the AMI MEDITATION® COURSE?
The AMI Meditation® Foundation Course offers an introduction to the key elements of the comprehensive system of Yoga Science:
YOGA SCIENCE & MANTRA SCIENCE
- An educational body of knowledge for health & healing
- History, philosophy & benefits of meditation
- How to use the mind to make the best choices
- How to access the “Super-Conscious” mind
- Understanding pain as an agent for healing
- The transformative power of sacrifice
- Increasing energy, will power and creativity
- The power of desire & attention
- Creative actions rather than reactionary responses
- Antidotes for worry, stress and depression
- Introduction to Mantra Science
AMI MEDITATION® (Seated Meditation and “Meditation-in-Action”)
- Systematic procedure for seated meditation
- How to diminish distractions
- Training one-pointed attention for creativity
- The one-minute meditation
- Meditation-in-Action: using what you’ve learned throughout the day to respond skillfully when faced with any emotionally triggering relationship
- Mantra Science: World’s greatest mantras and how to use thoughts and mantra in the healing process
- How mantra vibrations promote health
- The meaning of prana (life force)
- How breathing irregularities foster dis-ease
- Diaphragmatic breathing for pulmonary health
- Complete (three-part) yogic breath
- The health benefits of the Vagus Nerve
- Yogic postures for healthy breathing
- Alternate nostril breathing for energy & psychological balance
- Coordinating the Four Functions of the Mind: Conscience, Ego, Senses/Logic, and Unconscious Mind
- Managing thoughts, desires and emotions
- How to experience freedom from fear
- The power of the present moment
- Channeling the four primitive urges
- Anatomy of your real being
- Building and healing relationships
- How to deal with internal weather patterns
EASY-GENTLE YOGA & AYURVEDA
- Understanding the physiology/anatomy of Easy-Gentle Yoga
- Two sets of Easy-Gentle Yoga stretches & exercises offered in Videos provide long-term support
- Introduction to Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga – including the three doshas (body constitutions): Vata, Pitta, and Kapha and how to support each one
MIND/ BODY/ SPIRIT CARE PLAN
- The practical benefit of contemplation
- Creating a personal therapeutic care plan
- Learning to budget your time
- Integrating spiritual beliefs
- The healing power of prayer
- How to keep a meditation practice going & working for you
During this class Leonard will guide you to answer these important questions for yourself:
- Who am I?
- From where have I come?
- Why am I here?
- What’s to be done?
- Where will I go when the body is no more?
YOU WILL RECEIVE THE “SCIENTIFIC FORMULA FOR HEALTH AND HAPPINESS”
By attending the AMI MEDITATION® course, you will learn how to use the formula D = E + W + C in your daily life. This formula will enable you to transform the contracting and debilitating power of FEAR, ANGER and SELF-WILLED DESIRE into positive and expansive reserves of HEALING ENERGY, WILL POWER AND INCREASED CREATIVITY!
RESULTS FROM FROM FORMER STUDENTS
In 2008, AMI conducted a retrospective case study of participants who recently completed Leonard Perlmutter’s six-week AMI Meditation® course.
The findings included these positive, life-enhancing, health-promoting changes:
ONLINE via ZOOM — A link to the class recording will be sent to all participants following each class.
TUESDAYS: 6:30 – 8:30pm ET / 3:30 – 5:30pm PT
- Lifelong support for your meditation practice
- FREE Guided AMI MEDITATION®
- FREE subscription to“Transformation” AMI’s Journal of Meditation as Mind/Body Medicine
- FREE Physiology of Easy-Gentle Yoga
- The Art of Joyful Living, by Swami Rama
- Essence of the Upanishads, by Eknath Easwaran
“Traditional medicine is very good at treating physical illness. However, studies show that the state of one’s health has more to do with lifestyle choices than with heredity or medical care. Patients need something beyond what we can offer them. Meditation relieves stress, allows clearer thinking and helps to control many chronic illnesses, all at very low cost and a small investment of time. We are fortunate to have the excellence of AMI in our area.”
RICHARD RUBIN MD
Internal Medicine, Slingerlands, NY
Cancellation notification must be received three days prior to the first class for a refund to be granted. No refunds will be given after this date. A 5% administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.
DISCLOSURE POLICY: The American Meditation Institute (AMI) adheres to all ACCME Essential Areas, Standards and Policies. It is AMI’s policy that those in a position to influence the content of a CME activity (such as planners, faculty, authors and reviewers) disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial entities. These disclosures will be provided in the activity materials. Additionally, faculty members have been instructed to disclose any limitations of data presented.