for AMI’s New Online Summer Retreat
Healing Begins at Home!
Based on the award-winning book
Easy-Gentle Yoga • Ayurveda • Yoga Psychology
Personal Self-Care Plan • Live Networking Opportunities
For the general public, first-time or experienced meditators,
CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE–CHANGE YOUR EXPERIENCE
AMI’s first-ever online retreat is uniquely designed to offer you a refreshingly new, clearer and kinder perspective on yourself and every personal and professional responsibility you face. Through Leonard Perlmutter’s engaging PowerPoint lectures, instructive practicums, networking opportunities and Q&A, you’ll gain experiential knowledge that will integrate Yoga Science into a dynamic self-care program. As a result of attending this year’s online retreat from the comfort and security of your own home, you’ll own a set of practical tools that can empower you to make conscious, discriminating and reliable choices to enhance your health and well-being, creativity and optimism. Regardless of how challenging the COVID-19 circumstances might feel today, the science of Yoga can help.
A Message About AMI’s Online Summer Retreat
This new kind of online retreat format has been shaped by our desire to provide each participant a meaningful and rewarding retreat experience as they convert their own home into an oasis of learning, healing and introspection.
— Leonard Perlmutter (Ram Lev)
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
This entire interactive and instructive teaching will be hosted by Leonard Perlmutter, The American Meditation Institute’s founder, renowned philosopher, teacher and award-winning author. A varied, go-at-your-own pace curriculum will include:
- Live Online Lectures on the major components of Yoga Science
- Live Guided AMI Meditation practices
- Live Panel Discussions by AMI Medical Education Committee members
- Diaphragmatic Breathing techniques
- Live Yoga Nidra therapy experience
- Instructive Videos demonstrating:
Easy Gentle Yoga, Diaphragmatic Breathing, Yoga Philosophy, Ayurveda and Prayer
- Suggested Daily Activities at your home:
Reading, journaling, mantra walks, AMI Meditation and Easy Gentle Yoga
- Daily Afternoon Social Hour to network with other attendees
- Live Q&A with Leonard Perlmutter
- Private Appointments with Leonard during afternoon “office hours”
Regardless of your level of experience, you’re guaranteed to gain practical skills for transformation through inspiring lectures, practices, discussions and self-reflection. Leonard’s experience, clear teaching style and sense of humor will advance your understanding, provide you all the tools you’ll need to ease stress, reduce pain, boost your immune system, heal relationships, enhance your problem-solving ability and find inner peace, happiness and security.
WHAT DOES A RETREAT AT HOME LOOK LIKE?
Live Online Classes & Review
Virtual Social Hours
Live Guided AMI Meditations
Video & Reading Assignments
Click here to view full agenda
About Leonard Perlmutter
Founder and director of The American Meditation Institute, Leonard is the author of “Transformation,” The Journal of Meditation as Mind/Body Medicine and the award-winning book “The Heart and Science of Yoga®: Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life.” His AMI MEDITATION entry-level course has been accredited by the Albany Medical College, American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses and American Nurses Association to receive medical education credit. Leonard has been a student of Yoga Science since 1975 and a direct disciple of mind/body medicine pioneer Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
Herbert Benson, MD of the Harvard Medical School claims that maintaining good health is analogous to building a three-legged stool.
The first leg is Self-Care.
The second leg is Surgery & Medical Procedures.
The third leg is Pharmaceuticals.
Health and well-being is balanced and optimal only when all three legs of the stool are in place. — Herbert Benson, MD
THIS TEACHING PROVIDES PROVEN, LONG-TERM HEALTH BENEFITS
In 2007, AMI conducted a retrospective case study of participants who recently completed Leonard Perlmutter’s AMI MEDITATION course.
The findings were impressive. Tools and practices learned led to positive, reproducible, long-term health-promoting changes:
- Lowered blood pressure
- Lowered heart rate
- Reduced cholesterol levels
- Diminished or extinguished acute and chronic pain
- Weight loss
- Increased breathing capacity
- Increased exercise capacity
- Improved restorative sleep
- Improved energy levels
- Increased creative capacity
- Diminishment of migraine headaches
- Significant reductions in stress and fear
- Elimination of irritable bowel syndrome
- Enhanced happiness and optimism
- An educational body of knowledge for health & healing
- History, philosophy and benefits of meditation
- How to use the mind to make the best choices
- How to access the “super-conscious” mind
- Understanding pain as an agent for healing
- The transformative power of sacrifice
- Increasing energy, will power and creativity
- The power of desire and attention
- Creative actions rather than reactionary responses
- Antidotes for worry, stress and depression
- Systematic procedure for AMI MEDITATION
- How to diminish distractions
- Training one-pointed attention for creativity
- The one-minute meditation
- Using AMI MEDITATION skills throughout the day
- Mantra Science: World’s greatest mantras and how to use thoughts and mantra in the healing process
- How mantra vibrations promote health
- Three sets of Easy-Gentle Yoga stretches & exercises
- Understanding the physiology/anatomy of Easy-Gentle Yoga
- The meaning of prana (life force)
- How breathing irregularities foster dis-ease
- Diaphragmatic breathing for pulmonary health
- Complete (three-part) yogic breath
- Yogic postures for healthy breathing
- Alternate nostril breathing for energy & psychological balance
- How the mind functions for optimal health
- Managing thoughts, desires and emotions
- How to experience freedom from fear
- The power of the present moment
- Channeling the four primitive urges
- Anatomy of your real being
- Building and healing relationships
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- The practical benefit of contemplation
- Creating a personal therapeutic care plan
- Learning to budget your time
- Integrating spiritual beliefs
- The healing power of prayer
- How to keep a meditation practice going and working for you
- Comprehensive overview of how the mind/body medicine of Yoga Science can heal disease, alleviate stress and manage addictions
- A systematic procedure for AMI MEDITATION that develops equanimity, discrimination, will power and creativity
- How Yoga Psychology can produce long-term strategies for healthy lifestyle changes
- The value of incorporating the principles of Ayurvedic medicine and alkaline therapy into healthy eating choices
- Easy-Gentle Yoga exercises for lymph system detox, joints, glands and internal organs
- Learn the physical, mental and emotional healing power of mantra science medicine
How do I create an At-Home Retreat?
— KELLEY APPLE
— MEREDITH C.
— NEAL MARTIN
Frequently Asked Questions
DISCLOSURE POLICY: The American Meditation Institute (AMI) adheres to all ACCME Essential Areas, Standards and Policies. It is AMI’s policy that those in a position to influence the content of a CME activity (such as planners, faculty, authors and reviewers) disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial entities. These disclosures will be provided in the activity materials. Additionally, faculty members have been instructed to disclose any limitations of data presented.